The Ghana Book Fair

I should have talked about this a long while ago, but I was virtually uprooted from Accra on Sunday to Kumasi and its surrounding villages. I just got back to the office.

The 9th Ghana International Book Fair is running from November 2 to 6, 2010 at the Trade Fair Centre, La, Accra. As part of this Kinna and Mbaasem Foundation, is organising a literary forum from the 5th to 6th of November dubbed Women, Writing and the African Society. Guest speakers include Ama Darko author of Not Without Flowers, Mamle Kabu, a Caine Shortlist author, Mariska Taylor-Darko, and Multiple Award-winning author Elizabeth Irene-Baetie. Resource persons who would be involved in different workshops include Manu Herbsteain (an author), Dr. Mawuli Adjei, Dr Kwame Adika, and Dr Helen Yitah, all from the University of Ghana.

Note that the workshop is limited to 50 participants, thus to reserve a place please contact mbaasem33@yahoo.com. 

Comments

  1. The book fair sounds like a lot of fun, as does the session. I hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This should be an interesting event with all the giant writers passing through. Manu Heibstein and Mamle Kabu are those I'll be itching to hear from...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know Mamle Kabu? I have met her several times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my God! never met her. Always yearning to...I read her Caine short listed story about 'The End of Skill' and I'm lost for words....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought perhaps you have. Last Friday I was with her at the Goethe Institute. I have also been with her at different writing workshops.

    This Thursday there is the launch of a book by one Thomas Moore (???? not sure) on the life of Fela at the Nubuke Foundation located at the back of the new Mensvic hotel. Between 6:30 and 8:30 I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh God! I will have to make time for some of these events. I think it should be Carlos Moore instead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes it is Carlos Moore. Thanks... you must... you would meet a lot of people in this business.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the multi-mention of Mamle Kabu. I went looking for her "The End of Skill".
    Oh she is good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @GHoS... that's what I am here for. To bring names up and promote African Literature. I am glad you love End of Skill. Would review it one day here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Kumasi and its surrounding villages"-hope you drop in on us next time at www.fourvillages.com..like yourself I blog away. Some posts book related, many on tourism issues.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @madinghana... I would. My job takes me away from Accra a lot. Hence, one day I would pass through. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Help Improve the Blog with a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

69. The Clothes of Nakedness by Benjamin Kwakye, A Review

10. Unexpected Joy at Dawn: My Reading

Pre-Colonial* and Post Colonial African Literature - Is Writing the Path to Development