Welcome to 2011

Thank you all for making 2010 a successful reading and blogging year. Within the year, I met many readers: Kinna, Amy, Geosi, among the lot. My reading has been inspired by many and I hope to increase the energy for this year, life permitting.

ImageNations has dubbed this year, The Year of Reading. I want all those who read not a literary book last year  to pick only three books for this year: pick those that you have heard of and interest you and read it slowly through the year. I hope by this you would activate or reactivate the reading passion in you.

ImageNations would continue to review African-authored novels throughout this year. I would continue to talk about literary events on the continent, bringing you interviews from new and established authors. All I ask of you is to provide positive feedbacks to make this vision of Promoting African Literature a success.

ImageNations would be participating in a few challenges. Already the Africa Reading Challenge is on with books such as Mia Couto's Voices Made Night (from Mozambique), Pepetela's The Return of the Water Spirit (Angola) and Alifa Rifaat's Distant View of a Minaret (Egypt) waiting to be reviewed. This Africa Reading Challenge (ARC) aims at reading authors from as many African countries as possible. The other reading challenge is reading books in my Top 100 list. This challenge aims at reading a list of 100 books in five years. In its third year, I have only managed 14 in all. This is a poor performance and would try to increase my pace. Finally, I would be participating in some of Kinna's Reading Challenges such as the Ghana Literature Week.

Again, thank you dear reader and commenter for making ImageNations a successful and useful blog. Continue reading, commenting and suggesting to your friends. More importantly, I would want your feedbacks to help improve this blog.

Thanks
Nana Fredua-Agyeman

Comments

  1. Overall, I like your plan this year. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck for the coming year look forward to your reviews ,all the best stu

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best to you in 2011 with your reading, reviewing, and with life in general Nana! I've loved following Image Nation since I've found it and always look forward to more incredible African literature for my wish list. I hope to read more African literature this year as well and can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year & best of luck with your blogging goals for 2011. You have a great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Help Improve the Blog with a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

69. The Clothes of Nakedness by Benjamin Kwakye, A Review

Pre-Colonial* and Post Colonial African Literature - Is Writing the Path to Development

10. Unexpected Joy at Dawn: My Reading