Write for Light is a writing programme that seeks to raise money from book sales towards Light for Children Ghana, a charity that helps disadvantage children in Ghana. To do so, the programme invites individuals from all parts of the world to write a story about a time in their life when they found light in the darkness. This could be overcoming obstacles, finding inner strength to succeed in hard times, finding hope in a hopeless time, etc.
Stories sent to Write for Light will be published as a paperback book and also sold as an ebook on Amazon's Kindle. All of the money raised from the sales of the books will go to Light for Children Ghana. Participants of all age groups are encouraged to submit their stories; however, children below 18 will need consent from a parent or guardian before submission. The deadline for submission is May 31, 2013.
- The story must be submitted as a Word or PDF document.
- It should be at least 500 words (longer submissions are welcome).
- It must be a true story and your own work.
- The work must not already be available in an existing publication.
- You need to give your story a title.
- Your story must be a response to the prompt - 'Tell us about a time when you found light in the darkness.
Also attache to a Submission and Copyright Release Form along with your story. For more information visit the organisation's official website.