Last year I shared my friends' favourite books of 2011. Favourite books were collected from friends on Twitter, Facebook, and the Google Plus platforms. The objective is to encourage people to read more books and for other readers to know that there's a community of readers out there. It also serve as a pool for other readers to select books they would want to read. I've already shared ImageNations' favourite books of 2012. Here are the favourite books of friends:
- Nartekuor is a twitter friend. She's from Ghana and considers herself as 'doing the most outrageous things and chalking it up to life's topsy turvies'. Nartekuor chose John Grisham's The Appeal;
- Ms. Komassi describes herself as a '"work in progress", a friend, law graduate, blawgger, writer, God's girl, vintage fan...'. She blogs here. Ms. Komassi's favourite books include The Suns of Independence; Waiting for the Vote of the Wild Animals; and Allah is not Obliged, all by Ahmaduu Kourouma;
- Miss Bwalya, a Zambian passionate about her country, Africa, Education, Women's Right, Development, and Entrepreneurship, selected Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor and So Long a Letter by Mariama Ba.
- Affoh G blogs about politics, culture, Literature, and History. She believes that if he who doesn't know learns, he gets to know. She blogs at My Library. According to Affoh G, Alex Haley's Roots and Les frasques d'Ébinto by Amadou Koné were her favourite books of 2012.
- Casca Comrade Amanquah Hackman and I have a lot of things in common, including reading. He selects, as his favourite books of 2012, The Memory of Love by Aminatta Forna; My First Coup d'etat by John Dramani Mahama (the President of Ghana); Diplomatic Pounds and Other Stories by Ama Ata Aidoo; African Violet - a Caine Prize Anthology; The Art of War by Sun Tzu; Children of Gebelawi by Naguib Mahfouz; and Wretched of the Earth by Frantz Fanon.
- Bwesigye Bwa Mwesigire, a Ugandan friend on facebook added Novuyo Rosa Tshuma's Shadows, Chika Unigwe's Night Dancer, and Ernest Bazanye's The Ballad of Black Bosco as his favourite books of 2012.