Kwani Trust (meaning Why Not?), is dedicated to nurturing and developing Kenya’s and Africa’s intellectual, creative and imagination resources through strategic literary interventions. In this regard, especially to the latter, Kwani Press is calling out for Short Stories from all over Africa.
- Deadline: 31st June 2010
- Word count: 3000 – 8000 words.
- Theme: ‘The Africa I Live In’.
- This is adult fiction (in the sense that it is not ‘children’s fiction’).
- Since we are targeting a certain generation, we will only accept entries from writers born after 1978.
- The work ought to be in English or ‘Englishes’ – particularly since we are not making translations.
- The story must be ‘new’ in the sense that it is ‘unpublished in book form’ (We will accept submissions which have previously been published in magazines.)
- Please send submissions by email, attached as a WORD doc, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Published authors will be paid a fee of $100.
- Name of author (Times New Roman, 12. Bold left justified)
- Contact address, telephone number and email (Times New Roman, 12. Bold, left justified)
- Title of short story (Times New Roman 14, bold, centered).2
- The story should be in Times New Roman, black, size 12, justified, 1.5 line spacing.
- Page numbers and name of author on every page please.
- Word count at the end of the story, bold and left justified.
If your story is chosen for any of the Kwani? publications, we will ask you to provide a few
sentences about yourself and your work (around 200 words)
Read more about this call out on their homepage...