On Course? 2009 in Review, 2010 in View

Last year (2009) I revived my interest in reading and beginning June I decided to review all African books (i.e. books whose authors are African by birth or by naturalisation) and sometimes books about Africa (as in Naipaul's A Bend in the River). In all I read 26 books and reviewed 24, which makes it an average of 3 books per month. My worst month was December with 0 reviews. The following are the number of books read per month:

June: 1
July: 4
August: 6
September: 7
October: 3
November: 3
December: 0

I wish I could maintain this pace but I have started 2010 poorly. However, I am not going to give up no matter how busy I am going to be considering the fact that I am moving into a new job that requires a lot of time and attention and learning new things. I even have to learn how to read and speak French.This year I hope to read at least 3 novels per month giving a total of 36 for the year. This figure look very conservative judging from the fact that I read 24 books in six effective months because most of my days are almost going to be like it was between November and December.

I would still be reviewing African authored books and books concerning Africans. In spite of this, I would once in a while review other books I find interesting or very provocative or one that would trigger arguments. In addition to this, I would review all books that are on my 5-year reading list, though last year I refused to review Kafka's Trial.

I hope followers would still come around to read interesting poems and book reviews and leave comments whilst at it for it is the only way to find out whether you are being appreciated, read, or even considered. Opinions as to how to make this blog lively are also welcome.

Please enjoy my blog and I wish you all a very happy 2010 and beyond.


Comments

  1. Happy New Year, Man. And good luck. Please read on, and educate us all about how special we are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! :-) Keep up the great blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is a really great one. Pleas keep up the pace as much as you can. Wishing you all the best of 2010.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Help Improve the Blog with a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

69. The Clothes of Nakedness by Benjamin Kwakye, A Review

10. Unexpected Joy at Dawn: My Reading

Pre-Colonial* and Post Colonial African Literature - Is Writing the Path to Development